Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: H1Z1 and SWG...

H1Z1 and SWG... 9 years 2 months ago #6480

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
I wanted to put a little write-up on here because I know there are some of you who were, like me, real fans of SWG (Star Wars Galaxies). (Which btw, lives on in work-in-progress emulators if you're interested). When the SOE team behind SWG was shut down, they vowed to not be trapped like they were by LucasArts (having the license yanked from them and having no control over the situation) again, and promised to start work on another, un-licensed title that would be as complex and open-sandboxy as SWG was. It's been several years in the making, but that new, unknown title is a game called "H1Z1". I'll get to the down-side right now - It's NOT about space, aliens, or planets far, far away. For me, that is almost a deal breaker because for years now, in my mind I've been waiting for SOE to release an epic space opera sandbox game (with no LucasArts ties). I never imagined they'd go off and do something else, but that's what has happened. Seems they want a piece of the zombie rave.
Yes, as you may have guessed by the title, H1Z1 is in fact an open world sandbox MMO of some form of zombie apocalypse. It promises to bring an super in-depth crafting system alike SWG, custom/tweakable vehicles, a combat system that will please SWG fans (not sure what this means exactly, since the combat systems in new and old SWG varied vastly) and the experience you loved and enjoyed in SWG brought to a new life.
I'm downloading it as we speak, but have seen numerous videos, and to me it looks promising. Zombies again, not my first choice - I've avoided the ever popular Day-Z, and Walking Dead clone-wannabe's, but as they vowed, I also vowed to show support to the team that made my most favorite game ever, so I've gone and done that (as well as notify you!!) It's very much alpha, very much still in design/construction. If you play Space Engineers (another must-have title) you'll know exactly how this feels and plays, as it is also another game being designed as players hop on board. The up-side to it is you very much have a say, and can suggest things - What you'd like to see in the game, what's working for you and what's not (as a player). Literally shape the way the game will be made.

Relevant links for it below:

www.h1z1.com/home

store.steampowered.com/app/295110/
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.400 seconds