Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Banned and don't know why

Banned and don't know why 13 years 4 months ago #4790

I was playing HQ on Black Ops server at 8pm on 11/23 and was banned and I have no idea why. My tag was USGamingArenA. I was playing usual game and I didn't see any messages or warnings of bad behavior. I have never been banned from anywhere before.

>????

Britt Stephens
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Banned and don't know why 13 years 4 months ago #4791

• Tickster
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
if you had enough team kills, the server will automatically ban you for a set period of time. try reconnecting to the server in 10 minutes or when the map is rotated.

server settings are being tweaked to get a good game flow going. so please dont take the ban personally, if you cannot connect back to the server, the admins will handle it.

thank you for playing on our Black ops server, and we will handle this issue asap

Re: Banned and don't know why 13 years 4 months ago #4796

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Yea, try coming back in the next time you're gaming, even if it's empty just to see if you can get on.. We're pretty good about giving warning prior to kicking/banning.. You'd have seen something in all chat, or from a private message via the rcon tool (which also appears in the same place as the chat in game), generally at least twice unless you were above and beyond the call of rudeness, which - If you're posting here I doubt ya were..

The game automatically 'temp bans' you for excessive TK's, or too many within a certain time period. These numbers, as well as the 'somewhat' random temp ban time are complelety out of our control, as well as any other ranked server, and are hardcoded (well, not really, but they don't allow us access to them) into all ranked servers.. We have observed the following in regard to temp bans: They last a maximum of 20 minutes, and/or there is a high probability that after a new map loads, the temp bans will be cleared.

Please do repost here and let me know if you were able to get on though, and hopefully we'll run across ya in-game :) If you have problems, I'll PM you personally and figure out what happened, but from memory, your name doesn't seem familiar to me at all (good thing), so I think it was probably just a temp ban issued.

Re: Banned and don't know why 13 years 4 months ago #4800

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
I saw you playing and never saw any issues.It was probably just the TK auto kick. And very likely on the NukeTown Map! They should have named it TK Town!!!:pinch:
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet! That's how World War I got started!"

Re: Banned and don't know why 13 years 2 months ago #4924

• Recon39
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
User name: Recon39
server: cKs2 Christian CrouchTac HC
Time&date: 5/1/2011 2:48am (GMT)

i was in the server and after map change found that i was banned,your admins have given me no previous warning and nor had i been refered to or seen a list of rules for the server, i find this ban to be unjust.

Re: Banned and don't know why 13 years 2 months ago #4927

• Tickster
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Thank you for posting recon39, we will look into this issue!!

also, if you check back here these are the rules for the cKs2 Christian CrouchTac HC server.

1. must move in a crouched position at ALL times, unless under fire or taking cover from grenades, then running is permitted but to NEAREST cover.
2. Watch the language, no one is perfect so if something slips please apologize, and also apologize for accidental team Kills.

as for your ban, it could have just been a case of mistaken identity. in the admin tool that is used if we have selected someones name to kick or ban, and they leave the server before the admin hits the button, it selects the next persons name in line.

We do apologize for this error, and will rectify it ASAP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.612 seconds