Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Website Statuses

Website Statuses 16 years 1 month ago #275

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
This topic is designed to keep you all informed as to what we 'know' is broken here and what we don't know.. If you discover something, please post here in the Main Category about it, and I will add it to this list if appropriate. Can be anything ~cKs~ related..

SITE-WIDE:

Private Messaging System is DONE.

Enhancing the text editor for Article Submission: In-Progress

Website Login, staying Logged in: BUSTED, and slated next for diagnosis

Forums: (the major area of trouble)

Quick Reply box comes up on every post REPAIRED(sort of)
- For unexplainable reasons the QR box came up for every post. A fix was applied, however, it seems the QR button ALSO does not function. Working on this.

Recent posts vs. actual forums BUSTED FEATURE
- Multiple pages do not work (IE you cannot click on 1,2,3,etc) when accessed via the Recent Posts block from the main menu. They do work fine, however when accessed via the regular forums link. This has been flagged as a bug and the dev-team hopes to fix it soon (we hope so, too).

Text Size not working BUSTED FEATURE
- Text size does not change the text size. Yes, it should. Currently out of our hands, hope to have it running soon.

- Image resizing is.. at best non-existent (being worked on by dev)

Forums: (Part II)
- Just released is a piece of software to link the forums Res and I WANTED to use with this website. There are some issues/kinks to work out, but I think eventually we're going to switch over to that. There are upsides and downsides to this to take into consideration. Some things, maybe all, Res might be able to adapt and make work with his l337 skills, but maybe not.
What begins now is a rant by Rooster on just that...

The upside for us is huge. 90% of the forum packages use the websites permission system, which is lacking at best. There is only public, registered, and special (admin/mod). No capability to add to this. Now to be fair, it IS the next thing they will be enhancing/adding to in the next release of the website software. But even so, there are still many problems with the current forum software package. Their decision to force BBCode only, instead of making it easy for admins to choose what type of editor they want (and yes, that is a feature embedded in the core website, easy to tap into) is one of them. The recent posts issue, broken/non-functional buttons are all additional reasons..

The downside, is unless Res can pull some wicked coding outta his head, well, the current forums fit like a glove. Meaning, not only with the recent posts on the main page, but with the PM system (which is also broke atm) and a few carious other modules.. I'm not sure whether Res would be able to restructure things so that PHPBB3's PM system could/would be used instead, of it he can alter PHPBB3 to use the PM system we use here (might be as simple as editing a button and pointing the url somewhere different??).
Last Edit: 15 years 6 months ago by Rooster.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Website Statuses 11 years 3 months ago #5793

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Site update to a completely new and fresh version is in the works as of mid-December. Stay tuned for more details to come.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds