Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 'Culture Watch' (oo)

'Culture Watch' (oo) 14 years 11 months ago #2798

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
'Culture Watch'(oo) will be an on going attempt to post links that may show a window into the societies and cultures of Western Civilization from a conservative viewpoint. Granted, it will reflect my viewpoint and opinions. I would, however, wish the articles and stories to be enjoyable for all who read them.
The articles may be a positive or negative example of societal trends, or just bits of daily life, either grand or ordinary. Big stories or small, they would have sparked my interest to bring them to you. They will be posted from a conservative viewpoint on how Western Civilization is faring in the culture war that is pitting conservative traditionalists against liberals, progressives, and anarchists (no the three are not the same).

Some links will be articles, videos', blogs, etc... warning, in this poster's opinion, of distortion, devolution, or destruction of traditional Western Culture (well under way I might add), while others will show what this viewer perceives to be a sign of hope for the future.

In some instances, this writer may offer opinions on the linked stories. At other times, the stories will be left to fend for themselves. The stories and articles shall be offered up for your enjoyment, and, perhaps, having read them, we may know more of the culture war that is indeed going on around us daily. For, never doubt that there is indeed a war occuring, and has been occuring, for some sixty years. Some say longer (when discussing progressivism). But, the truth, that the culture war exists, is unassailable. I suggest we fight! I believe, one way we may fight the culture war is by talking about the culture, and harshly condemning that which we know to be wrong. Repeatedly :angry: :P

Some things many of us may disagree on, but there are many things with which upwards of 90% of all Americans agree:
Britney Spears is evil :angry:, or a sad tale :(, or both. :S
Michael Jackson is scary :woohoo:, and Rosie O'Donnell is homely. :blush:

See. we can agree!:huh:

Here is the first link: "Rule Of Thumb"

And, the honor goes to our French friends, which some might say is ironically fitting, given their history of dramatic cultural change.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1183187/Its-Carla-Antoinette-Frances-First-Lady-tours-recession-hit-Paris-disguise-just-like-aristocrats-Revolution.html

Respectfully,

Nazareth B)
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet! That's how World War I got started!"
Last Edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Nazareth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:'Culture Watch' (oo) "Monkeywrench" 14 years 11 months ago #2807

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
...... and the futile secular search for man's origin will continue. Man is naturally hungry to know from whence he came. Without God as his guide, man shall continue to hunger, and continue to long for something, at some point, anything, to hang his hat upon, and say " Look! Here! This is who I am"!

news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Missing-Link-Scientists-In-New-York-Unveil-Fossil-Of-Lemur-Monkey-Hailed-As-Mans-Earliest-Ancestor/Article/200905315284582?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15284582_Missing_Link%3A_Scientists_In_New_York_Unveil_Fossil_Of_Lemur_Monkey_Hailed_As_Mans_Earliest_Ancestor

Respectfully,

B) Nazareth

:) Follow up view, brought to you by the Christian news media organization -WND.com (World Net Daily)
www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=98642
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet! That's how World War I got started!"

Re:'Culture Watch' (oo) "Idol Minds" 14 years 10 months ago #2812

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUSN2054519420090521?sp=true

Respectfully,

B) Nazareth

Re:'Culture Watch' (oo) 14 years 10 months ago #2813

• Gideon
  • ( User )
Kris won! And personally I think it was a well deserved win as well.

Kris is more versatile and I believe much more talented than Adam.

Re:'Culture Watch' (oo) "Let Them Eat Cauliflower" 14 years 10 months ago #2830

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
We taxed the smokers! We said make a pack cost $3.00, hoorah! And now they want to make vegetarians out of the whole lot of us! :angry:
Tax Time for "Joe Combo Meal" Super size It!!! :woohoo:
$10.00 cheeseburgers coming soon to a restaurant near you, and $30.00 chuck roasts at your neighborhood grocer! A couple of ribeye steaks for the grill? You're gonna need a loan for that, sir! :blush:

Don't think it can't happen. :huh:
While driving through a small Arkansas town, I went to a McDonalds ( I don't go there anymore-McD is on the bad guy team now- see WND.com for story) and the restaurant actually chaged me a bit over one dollar as a fast food surcharge city tax! :angry: If I found one, I am sure there are many more towns implementing those type taxes.

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article6350237.ece

Respectfully,

Nazareth B)

Re:'Culture Watch' (oo) "Goofy" 14 years 10 months ago #2833

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Did he hang out with hippies in the 60's? Sounds like a few too many mushrooms to me! :blink: In my opinion, this should not even be on their radar. Our officials have work to do and instead focus on silliness!
www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/5389278/Obamas-green-guru-calls-for-white-roofs.html

Respectfully,

Nazareth B)
Attachments:
  • Attachment (0KB)
  • Attachment (0KB)
Time to create page: 0.784 seconds