Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars - a Holy Bible Rip-Off?

Star Wars - a Holy Bible Rip-Off? 8 years 5 months ago #6527

• Max_the_Ax
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
The other day I was watching the latest trailer for Star Wars - The Force Awakens. Something did not sit right with me about this, so I decided to do some research, this is what I found:

maxtheax.com/star-wars-the-biggest-holy-bible-rip-off-in-movie-making-history-ever
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars - a Holy Bible Rip-Off? 8 years 5 months ago #6528

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
I didn't click the link, yet, but I can tell you this.. It's no secret at all that the entire saga, from the 1970's (4,5 6) have always contained a religion-based undertone. I don't think this has ever been a question. I'm pretty sure, that on my original edition VHS tapes, which had interviews with him (Lucas) he even alluded to this fact. Wouldn't call it a Bible story, but "light side" and "dark side" of the force are about as clear as Heaven and Hell :) Not to mention the fact and forth some notable characters have done (Anakin, for instance, and speculatively Luke, if you believe the rumors that in the 7th flick, Luke turns to the dark side like his father did). SO yeah.. I don't think there was ever a question of it.. I recall, not sure of the source anymore, but the 'Force', later in the newer movies known as mediclorians to even be some tangible alternative sci-fi/other-worldly name for being filled with the Holy Spirit, which was used to cleverly be a capsule for non-believers to possibly realize there is a greater 'force' out there, Jesus!. This may have been on the same interview, it may have been years later somewhere else.. But yeah.. It's definitely about a religious battle, I don't think it's a rip-off of any specific Bible story, no more than I could sit here and site about 10,000 other movies which if you want to look it it that way also could be considered Bible stories..
The following user(s) said Thank You: LivingH2O

Star Wars - a Holy Bible Rip-Off? 8 years 5 months ago #6529

• Max_the_Ax
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Good points Rooster! ;)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds