Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What's Rooster been up to all these years...

What's Rooster been up to all these years... 3 years 7 months ago #6557

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Yeah, you know it's going to be long... It's how I roll...

I think the beginning of the end for me was either end of 2013, or beginning of 2014. My family back east where my wife and I are from had two weddings within a year, the second of which we made into a long trip driving (Arizona to Ohio) to show the kids as many states as we could, places we'd lived (Ft. Carson Colorado, NorthEast Ohio), and as some of you may recall, kind of a tour where I got to meet a couple of the ~cKs~ "family" I'd spent so many years gaming, and talking to. It was a really awesome, and amazing trip, one of my favorite moments/times for sure.

After that trip, it was business as usual for me here. Many maybe didn't know, but when I joined ~wOw~, and Res and I created ~cKs~, I was an at-home dad. The final road trip also marked the last summer my youngest wasn't in school, and with her starting school, I was afforded the opportunity to return to the work force.

For awhile, I think I managed okay, but as time went on, the obligations of being here all the time, well I just couldn't keep up anymore. I was too proud to admit it at the time, I'd always had such an easy time of it (adminning servers, keeping up, recruiting etc), and ultimately as you know, we fell apart, so to speak. (well, literally I suppose lol).

I still run stuff. For anyone who plays/cares, this is what is currently hosted:

Minecraft: (the original server many of you played on is STILL running) - It's part of a multi-server network (lobby system) that we run, encompassing about 7 plugin-equipped servers, and 2 forge servers that I do not run all the time (one is Feed the Beast, an epic amazement of a set of about 200 mods).

Space Engineers: Currently there is a temporary world I threw up to actually teach someone how to play, but if you search the master server for "The Verse" you'll usually find it - Right now it's "The Verse - Papaland", usually something like "The Verse - Browncoats Rejoice" (Firefly/Serenity reference).

Farming Simulator 19: Yeah.. Had to buy a special copy for this turd, only to find out the admin side of the game is like non-existent. If you PW the server, NO ONE can play (you know, cuz they don't know the PW) and if you leave it open - You get 1 honest, fun-loving player for every 20 who want to make hacked peaks/mountains and ruin the experience. This game currently goes online and offline depending on my mood since really, myself and one friend are pretty much all that play on it - But it could run 24/7 any time..

Rust: Late into the game (literally) but it's still a vastly cool survival game. I preferred H1Z1, but boy did Sony ruin (and ultimately cancel) that one. My gripe with Rust is that unlike ANY other multi-player game I've EVER seen - The developer can send a "pulse" (a packet) to entirely wipe/reset your server. And they actually DO this, like often - Either once a week or once a month, roughly, depending on client game updates.

COD4: Not currently running, but my kids are very interested in throwing up an old/retro COD4 server. We talk about it almost monthly, just haven't pulled the trigger (heh) yet..

Fortnight: Don't run a server, but I have been playing it (as well as CODWarzone, Apex (rarely) and Crossout. Still playing a ton of different and random games, in fact. Eve Online, Neverwinter, and more...

So yeah..

Oh, and in case you wonder why the site doesn't change it's looks, heh, well, technology is my own worst enemy. After years, the CMS package upadated a couple times (of course) and the update after this version required different versions of background apps (php being one) on the server (hosted, not mine) which, years ago - the host hadn't updated to and didn't want to. In time, they spun up new servers, but it became a logistical nightmare to upgrade, since I'd basically have to move everything to my house, and walk through CMS update and server "updates" hand-in-hand, one at a time. I decided since we were pretty much dead, just to leave it be. 95% of things still work properly even after all this time. Heh. Yea!!

Hope the trend of people popping in continues - Great to see what you're all up to and catch up.

Anyone know what Christian clans are still kicking (if any) from back in the day? I was shocked/stunned to find ISI disbanded, personally - With their massive size and popularity. One of their guys used to (still might??) live within like 5 miles of me here, rofl. Anyway - If you happen to read this, drop us a message and say 'hey'! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What's Rooster been up to all these years... 3 years 3 months ago #6558

• Gadget
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Pray without ceasing. 1Th 5:17
  • Thank you received: 2
Haven't been on this site for years found my password still works read your post I guess I'm doing a little catch-up just wanted to stop in to say hi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rooster

What's Rooster been up to all these years... 3 years 3 months ago #6559

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
How have you been and what have you been up to, Gadget? Good to see ya!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds