• Page:

TOPIC: Who Wants to Build me a system?

Who Wants to Build me a system? 10 years 1 month ago #6359

• BCarter
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
System Requirements and Budgets….

Quad Core - High Speed/High End
Large Solid State Drive for OS and certain games that will benefit from it (BF4)....(500 megs?)
64 Bit Windows (8?) Contact me...I hate W8 but have been told the new update is more like 7.
High End Graphics ability with multiple monitor support for a *Min of 2 monitors*
Large Amount of Dedicated Graphics Memory
Minimum of 2 Terabytes of on board Hard Drive Space
Large Amount of RAM
High Speed Network Card (Wireless would be awesome, but not required)
Writable CD/DVD Drive
Basic Sound Capability (on board chipset for this is fine)
MULTIPLE USB ports (USB 3.0) (I can never have enough USB Ports)
Decent, well ventilated, very well cooled, case (surprise me)
DURABILITY, SUSTAINABILITY, UPGRADE ABILITY

This will be primarily a gaming computer that will also be used for at home work, Website authoring, code compiling, Audio/Video recording/editing/mixing (minimal)

I will pay shipping/handling/insurance on the system. Monitors, keyboards, mouse, are not needed so long as all I currently have are compatible with the new system.

In your quote, please include your fees! If you do not intend to charge fees for your time, then I will make a substantial donation to the clan for the costs of running the servers. Your choice.

Please provide a spec sheet of your recommendations and an itemized breakdown of costs.

I have a $2000 to $2500 budget to work with...no more.

For Graphics….Aside from the usual FPS games (BF4, COD, etc)...I fly high end flight simulators...I want awesome graphics with high FPS rates on multiple monitors! :)

My Dell XPS 420 was purchased in 2007 and has been a top notch computer with only some minor upgrades over the years….It has set the benchmark for durability and life that I will hold all other systems up to.

If you can build me a good system, well under budget that meets my requirements, then please include your recommendation for a GOOD hardened laptop for my DJ/KJ/Music business.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who Wants to Build me a system? 10 years 1 month ago #6360

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Mon night I should be on TS.. If the stars align, Runningman and you will also be on and we can knock something out for sure. Running is the hands down master at finding the absolute best price for any piece of hardware. I've built system for a living and have no problem putting it all together and getting it running smooth for ya, if ya like and if no one else steps up. There are plenty of us here, so you are in good company.

Who Wants to Build me a system? 10 years 1 month ago #6364

• BCarter
  • ( User )
Running and I have already been chatting. :)

Who Wants to Build me a system? 10 years 1 month ago #6369

• BCarter
  • ( User )
A quick bump...

Several folks and I have chatted on this...and I've learned a thing or two.

First....I want it in THIS case: www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133192

Secondly....

No, I don't know if I prefer AMD or Intel.
No, I am not familiar with the various graphic cards.
No, I don't have the OS and drivers already.
Yes, I want it ready to plug in and go out of the shipping box.

So...yes I've been doing some checking. I know that some of you who do these things have preferences as the types of processors and graphic cards. I have had very good luck with my NVidia 9800 GTX+ card.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled killing and mayhem.

Who Wants to Build me a system? 10 years 1 month ago #6370

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Sorry for not getting on more, when I have been on you weren't :( When our paths cross..... rofl (maybe tonight?) That's a slick case. TT is a decent company as long as you avoid their liquid cooling cases / products. I (literally, ask many of our older members) lost TWO new at the time $700 cards to their sucky systems which easily fail and leak and spray fluid on your video cards!!!!!! (grr). But their other products (CPU cooling fans, fans in general) are built like tanks and last almost forever it seems.

Intel is pricey, more so than AMD, but if you want performace, IMO you always want Intel. If you want a good system that doesn't break the bank, AMD, for sure.

GFX cards. Based on your budget, go bleeding edge. I was hardcore NVidia from the TNT days to the geforce6800Ultra. After that, I went ATI(now AMD), and never looked back. It is what it is, if you have had a good/great experience with NVidia, that's fine. Only time to question it would be if there have been murmers of poor performance, as it COULD be simply a driver issue and fixed down the road (happens a LOT on bleeding edge) or you could end up with a flawed card which will never completely run right (happens, not so often, but in both camps equally). Benchmark sites like passmark are a good asset, just make sure when you compare you're not comparing a stock to some elitist with liquid cooled everything, lol.

OS - Covered that above, potentially your MB (and it's support drivers) will dictate this for the most part. Especially if you want Win7, as everything out now better be 8 compliant :)

Plug n play on arrival, that's easy enough to promise :)

Who Wants to Build me a system? 10 years 1 month ago #6372

• BCarter
  • ( User )
As much as I'm sure some of my computer equipment geek friends would strongly disagree with me, I do NOT want a liquid cooled system of any type. I have visions of the little fingers of a half dozen grandkids making liquid cooled a very big problem.

The case I decided on for a couple of main reasons....first and foremost, ease to expand on....I will have the room I want to add multiple terrabyte hard drives down the road and other fun and wonderful gadgets. Secondly...that thing is WAY cool looking! :)

I'm a bit concerned about USB ports. it has 2x3.0 and 4x2.0 all in front or on top. I will need USB ports on the back as well...by the time I start plugging in all the dang peripherals then I ran out of USB ports after the first round...for example, on my old system I have plugged in (G510 Keyboard, G13 Gamepad, G3 Mouse, 1x2 TB External, 1x1 TB External, 2x1 TB External USB powered, 1x External DVD/CD/RW, Printer, 1x Security Camera feed, 1x Bluetooth box (to give me PC Bluetooth Capability), My Flight Sim Control Stick, A PlayStation style game controller, My cell phone when needed, and on occasion my mixer board/recording board from my sound equipment, and the occasional flash drive for transferring music files. So as you can see, I use USB a huge amount.

I am all the time plugging and unplugging USB stuff to simply swap out what is running based on what I'm doing on the comp at that time....I'm also running multiple splitters simply because of the lack of room to plug everything in.

So I restate on my must haves....USB ports...lots of USB ports (not sure if they can be added or not).
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.435 seconds