Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Console or PC

Re: Console or PC 13 years 3 months ago #4953

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
Monte1541 wrote:
I have 11 PCs in which 2 of those are physical servers running Hyper-V with about 3 VMs per physical host. My gaming machine is a few years old but seems to handle BO well now that the patch is out. My gaming machine has a 24" flat panel. Most of the "PCs" are servers in which I have a rack in my computer room closet. The closet has an air conditioning unit to keep the temperture from getting too hot. Each machine is running either Windows 2008 server or Windows 7.

I also have a Comodore 64. :)

Once I finish writing an application I have been working on the last few months, I am going to buy an Apple Macbook so I can write iPhone and iPad apps.

I have an old school xBox and a Wii. The xBox is in the closet and the Wii is for my 5 year old. I'm not a fan of the controllers for any of the consoles and therefore I do not play them.
Lol, Monte. How did you get to a -18 rep? :silly:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Console or PC 13 years 3 months ago #4957

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Kinect can be hooked up to pc now - you just need to dl the open source drivers ( search for open source Kinect PC Drivers ) created 72 hours after release ( source PC Gamer ). View some PC Kinect videos here.... www.kinecthacks.net

warning: at least one post on the above website is of an adult nature. Anyone under 18 should only see this site under adult supervision.
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet! That's how World War I got started!"
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Nazareth.

Re: Console or PC 13 years 3 months ago #4960

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Monte, any chance you want to Fold and team up with me? heheh :) That's awesome :) I have (since we're getting into that now:

i7 930 (2.8Ghz) gaming rig
Pentium D (3.4Ghz) former gaming rig, now wOw server/SQL Server, and webkinz/pixiehollow player for daughter.
P4 HT 3.0 dedicated sons gaming/school pc
P4 (2.6Ghz) rcon tool/research/Andoid development rig
2x Sony P3 500/866 laptops (running Fedora Linux)
P4 2.4 "Server" (development server) and NFS (Network File Storage). Several TB on this thing. (also x10 home automation server)
Intel Celeron 433 1U rack server (also a media server with 2x 1gbps lans for HDHomeRun)
Tyan Dual Xeon 2.4 1U (more web development) Fedora Linux / game server
Athon 64 (x2??) 2.xghz HTPC (was on the cheap)
AMD (something, not near it atm) also HTPC
1 HP laptop Turion64
and two other P4 non-HT era pc's that are in parts, debating whether to build folding rigs, or part em out completely...

Also have (set up) an Amiga 200, Amiga 500, and the beforementioned Apple G3 B&W(which is Appletalk for Blue and While, not black&white, lol).. Kids play a game that they have at school on it, I bang on it from time to time.. Pretty much all consoles, which I think I listed above, are actively hooked up and get use (wife only plays the old ones, NOTHING newer than the Genesis, rofl, no xbox and up for her! Hates em) except the 5200. I was actually going to ebay it till I realized it also included a 2600 cart adapter, and thought.. Ohhh cool... But I don't like the controllers as much, so not sure what it's fate will be just yet.

All rigs are Folding@Home, along with the PS3 when they are not in 'Active' use.

I have a full rack (actually came with the Intel 1U package deal) but haven't mounted the servers on it.. Debating where I want it, or if it's going to even be used in this house.

From time to time other rigs come and go (a lot, actually), but these are the staples that are part of this house, and never leave, rofl.. In time the single core P4's will get phased out - I actually have a couple AMD rigs which might be faster - I hate AMD and Intels methods, no simple way to know which is faster/better without doing a bunch of research, and I just don't have time to waste on that atm..

Monte (and you can pm me with this if ya want) - What are the advantages of going the VM route as opposed to dual hdd/dual boot? EG - My sons rig (which is in my office) I have a hdd with Fedora on it as well that I dual boot into from time to time. Teek kept tellin me to go VM but when I looked, I didn't see any great value in it.

I WISH I still had a Commodore 64.. I have the tape drive for one, just waiting to find one somewhere (yard sale king here, rofl)

And next year there will be one more, in the garage, running (hopefully) my music-lights-flashing Christmas lights system, which.... ....I still have to build... Lotta cool sites on design and implimentation however, should be a hoot!
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Rooster.
Time to create page: 0.694 seconds