Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Maps Torrent

Re:Maps Torrent 15 years 8 months ago #1638

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
I'll check on those maps for sure and see if their in the pack or not. If not, I'll add for down the road (map pack 2).

As far as the pack is concerned, yea, it is a big and beefy download. There are 2 maps in it that we "don't use" (one is the backlot_2, because our server has an updated version from what's in the pack), but honestly, pretty much every other map is going to make an appearance in a rotation. Originally the map pack was designed by RunningMan (who rounded up all these puppies!) and put in the pack so all us members could get them maps fairly quickly. We had a map testing day on the small maps server and were awe'd so much that we decided there was no reason to necessarily break them up. Each and every one either awed us, offered something no other map did, or just plain was stuffed with good, quality content. For non-members, or members who didn't want to grab the pack (you still can, fyi) I think once all the maps are used up, so to speak in terms of the running rotations (I anticipate 4 rotations, we're on #2 atm) I will break up the maps by rotation into smaller map packs. The only reason I didn't do that from the get-go was because so many of us already had the full version and it made it easier for us all to share them that way. The other minor issue is getting anyone who wants to help seed the files to actually be seeding the correct map pack.

And you, like Woz, I hope are looking at your usermaps dir noting those 5gb of files, and not at the actual map pack. Those other maps are likely all the zomie mod maps and whatever other custom maps you've come across in your travels. The map pack SHOULD in the neighborhood of 3.2GB, and is 85 maps.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Maps Torrent 15 years 7 months ago #1667

• SithMonkey7
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 5
Roosta!!

Tis SithMonkey7 and I am trying to find the right url for the mods torrent. The url posted on 7/13 is no good (which it seems was realized already), but I can't find a valid url. I must be missing it. Help?

Thanks,
Sith

Re:Maps Torrent 15 years 7 months ago #1668

• Chriswoz
  • ( User )
no monkeys allowed :)
ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YRMV. IMHO. FWIW. HYOH. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.

Re:Maps Torrent 15 years 7 months ago #1671

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Try today (Sunday) if ya can.. I have no idea how to do anything with torrent, rarely use em.. That includes updating the URL? or whatever (didn't even kno they had em). I DID have DHT enabled, which as I understand circumvents the need for tracker/tracking?, but Sat., Woz and I were experimenting and I disabled it. I noticed when I woke up this morning my seed had gone from the 3 that were connected to 0, so I re-enabled DHT. Within a minute I had 2 ppl back on, so I'm gonna assume that was the issue. :woohoo:

Maps Torrent 7 years 1 month ago #6545

• Vvgamepro
  • ( User )
I know it's a long shot. But we're trying to get a dedicated server up and running in my local area. If possible I'll get it on the internet, for anyone to join up. The big thing is I'm hoping someone still has this map pack for torrent? Let me know!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.692 seconds