Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Official Server Info!

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 3 weeks ago #361

• Chriswoz
  • ( User )
Well i recieved my copy in the post this morning and spend a couple of hours playing on Roosters temp server and frankly i'm just grateful i didn't pay full retail as the game is like a b movie, what happened to the cod4 like graphics? i'm playing it with the settings at very high and i'm just not impressed at all, the graphics in BF2 are just as good imho,plus BF2 gameplay is so so much better. I'd really rather play BF2142 than this. BF2 now 3 years old actually looks like the newer game, i swear if you gave them both to a non gamer who isnt aware of the history behind the games they'd think BF2 is the later release,yeah to me FFoW looks like a game thats stepping backwards, what happened to innovation.

I hate the fact you cant use a weapons sights unless its the sniper rifle, whats that about? i hate the cod4 style of health,the in game console that shows who killed who and what not looks like it was forgotten about until the day of release and so they just threw something in.

I think the game just screams cheap ,it looks to me like something kaos has developed for free release and then the big boys THQ have got their mucky paws in on it.

Just my 2 cents, rant over for now, feel free to play the game if you like it :P

N.B
Anybody want to buy a FFoW license
ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY: IIRC. YRMV. IMHO. FWIW. HYOH. NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE MADE
THAT INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS POST IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR ANY PARTICULAR SITUATION.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 3 weeks ago #362

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
For me, everything is tolerable. I don't mind the graphics. My rig is aging so pushing the graphics is not an option. The only thing that irks me is the movement. Compared to CoD4 which is smooth as silk, this feels like I am running with weights. Even when I adjust the mouse settings, it still not as smooth as I would like it.

I guess these are just minor gripes. Tonight I need to test out the gameplay to see how well it stacks up to the rest.

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 3 weeks ago #363

• Resurrection
  • ( Admin )
Ya, it definately needs to be a patched a couple of times. It's really hard to believe that on one hand they claim that they developed DC and BF2 and on the other hand the movement seems completely different. I honestly believe it's because they went with the Unreal engine for this one, it has it's pros and cons. PRO: it is smooth CON: movement is very linear and one dimensional.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds