Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Official Server Info!

Official Server Info! 16 years 1 month ago #332

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Ok, this is a huge disappointment and I don't even know where to start.

Wednesday I paid for a 40-man public server (the max limit fwiw). Hookup is usually within an hour, up to 1 day.

Today I finally got the game, ran the patch (see other thread), and got online. Well, first thing I noticed, only a small handful of servers.. 99% of them are KAOS servers (NO community-run servers for some reason).

So I contacted our Frontlines server co., only to find out Kaos has NOT released the dedicated server to ANYONE yet. She is hoping to get it today, but might not be till Fri., or possibly on or after the weekend. I then mentioned my disguest at them for false advertising the server being available (not coming soon, "available now", and explained the usual, you know, we wanted to get the server up ASAP, etc... She said we can wait to see when the server DOES get installed (we're high on the list, which is good) and can still qualify for a full refund if it wasn't timely enough. She did say no one else will be getting them up before they do, that all dedicated server Co.'s will be able to get it at the same time, and they are 'manned 24/7', so if it comes Sat., at 3pm, it'll be online shortly after...

Really disappointed about this. Nice (and rightfully so) that they are offering a full refund if he choose, but really sux both on their part and KAOS's for not even having the dedicated server available BEFORE release.. I'm not sure what else KAOS has done in the world of gaming, but THQ, their pub.. Is HUGE.. Hello, Company of Heroes, WarHammer 40k:DoW, etc... (tons of popular titles).

So I'm going to see about running a listen server from my house.. Have a decent inet connection, just not sure about what ports etc will need to be free, and what pings will be like.. Stay tuned..

THE SERVER IS UP!! - LOOK IN SERVER BROWSER FOR: CHRISTIAN ~cKs~
Last Edit: 16 years 1 month ago by Rooster. Reason: Dedicated Server is up!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 1 month ago #334

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
Will be downloading this game today from steam. So I hope to see you on the listening server today sometime. God bless.

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 1 month ago #337

• Resurrection
  • ( Admin )
Well, here's my opinion: dissapointing to say the least, but I'll take 'at the top of the list' any day if no one else has a server up; we're talking just days according to that chic, not weeks, so it's nothing that I would personally lose sleep over - CoD4 is still an awesome game :D

I think the people who put out frontlines jumped the gun a bit. Not in the respect that it isn't a complete game, but finished or not they should have released a PC demo for at least a month or two before publishing the game - not to mention that it would have given them time to package dedicated server files.

I have yet to play the game, and to be honest I'm actually waiting to play it online with all of my friends. I just hope AOW doesn't starts recurring our payments when our server goes up and doesn't charge us next month after we've only been live for 3 weeks - THAT would suck, but if that every happened I think it would merit in our favor.

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 1 month ago #340

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
That that deal about the paymment start date is a very good point that I'll be sure to address. And yea I know, top of the heap is better than anything, but like you know Res, I'd have MUCH rather kept it under the same house, and I bet that when AoW gets it, GS will be offering it too.. And that'll just make me mad...

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 1 month ago #342

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
Ok, I have my TEMPORARY dedicated server running on my gaming rig.. TS is back up, and I've played with 5 ppl so far on the server.. Seems to be working ok so far.. Come join me :)

Re:Official Server Info! 16 years 1 month ago #360

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
I was there Friday and no one was home. I hope that someone will be home soon so I can begin to get my FFOW on. God bless.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.492 seconds