Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: COD:WW Tactical Vote

COD:WW Tactical Vote 15 years 3 months ago #2195

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Members: This is a public post!
As our main page reads, we are currently debating/voting on whether the COD:WW will find a new life as a 24/7 tactical server or not. For the past few weeks, it has been in this mode to give our members as well as our 'regulars' a chance to check it out, get a feel for it, etc.. This vote will be up until Jan 7th, at which time the server will either remain tactical or it will revert back to a 'regular' play server, not that there isn't anything 'regular' about tactical :side: :silly: :blink:

The vote requires members to log in (my segway to tell our members to log in so you can vote). I am very interested in seeing/hearing anything you non-members have to say. Commentes, ideas, did you have a good experience here, etc.

Thanks in advance for everyone who takes the time to comment/vote :)

Roost

P.S: As B1ggin touched on, not wanting (or wanting) tactical play does not mean you don't want to be in cKs. You're not going to be kicked, or expected to jam away on a type of play that you don't enjoy. We had a think-tank assembled to roust soldiers into playing on our existing, but never touched server, and this was one of the ideas. It also does not affect our COD4 server, which remains running a stock maps, regular-style of play.
Last Edit: 15 years 3 months ago by Rooster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:COD:WW Tactical Vote 15 years 3 months ago #2197

• RifleGirl
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I've always loved and enjoyed playing on tactical servers. It's more of a team strategizing thing rather than running around like chickens with their heads cut off ( Metaphorically speaking of course :) ).

It causes you to be somewhat patient, in my opinion. Less stressful, too :P.

Today was my first time playing in your server and I found it very welcoming. Christian and tactical, heck thats a perfect match! :D My public vote would be to keep it :) A nice change of pace for others looking for more than just a run-where-ever-you-want type server :)

-RG, aka RifleGirl.

Re:COD:WW Tactical Vote 15 years 3 months ago #2203

• ArtUrban
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
You know my opinion ;)

i find that we get much more ppl now then before...

With the tactical ppl dont get frustrated about the spawm kills and about bunny hopers...

so it's much better, but i will say add the option of presing "f" before respawm, so if you go AFK you dont hawe to wory about loosing your points

Re:COD:WW Tactical Vote 15 years 3 months ago #2204

• B1GGIN
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
my two cents worth. I played in server yesterday and it seemed like a chore to keep people from running. I played in tatical servers with eagle and shep in cod4. you could still run but you had to aim down sights. You guys know I don't like tatical in the first place. But most people want to play tatical to be more real. well in real life soldiers run from point a to point b in the open terrain. They do not crouch crossing a field so they are easy prey for the snipers or whoever. Also you eliminate some of the game play perks under this scenerio. What use is the dead silence if you can never run a position. Well just my 2 or less cents worth. Peace

Re:COD:WW Tactical Vote 15 years 3 months ago #2205

• RifleGirl
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
B1ggin does give some good points.

Im a big fan of tactical servers and most of the servers allow the rule "running to the nearest cover" in otherwords, running thru a big field to the nearest bush then returning to crouch.

Also - What about the tanks? That isn't very tactical in my honest opinion. Idk about the others, but I'm not one to carry a bazooka on my back in a tactical server just to blow a tank :P It would also keep Rooster from killing me too much lol

Number 3... Most tactical servers dont allow martys/2nd chance stand. Marty just stinks :P plus they give away a players position if they die near the area (bad for tdm)

These are just my opinions. And of course since it isn't finalized yet about keeping the server tactical, these are just some options to try out?

If you're literate the rules are very easy to follow, although there are those that like to go around the servers and be punks. Nothing much you can ever do about that other then kicks and warning :/

But its like that in just about every server.

Just my two cents!

RG

Re:COD:WW Tactical Vote 15 years 3 months ago #2207

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
I'm a mixed bag, as many of ya know. To be as forthcomingly honest as I can be, I truly don't care what rules, what ideas, what methods we use, I just wanna see cKs members on OUR cKs server. I don't mind shelling out bucks monthly for a server generally but I really like when there are people on it.

While the vote will decide, I will say, as I have these past days I've been able to get back to my computer (had family in from Ohio) that Tactical is certainly drawing a crowd, and they are returning. Yesterday Naz and I occupied the server from about 1PM (Az time) till 2am. 14 players was the days average, a couple (played with us for a solid 7-8 hours, then, 2 hours later, come BACK on and play 3+ hours (was still on when I left). That to me is awesome, means people are liking it. And people liking it leads to an occupied server. Occupied server leads to Christian Fellowship. It also leads to more interest in our group, both very good things IMO.

That said, the same argument could be made about it not being tactical. If the cKs members that have been hitting our server since it turned tactical, would have played on it when it wasn't tactical, wouldn't we have seen the same growth? It's easy to say, "well, since we've been tactical we're getting the server to a 15 player average". Only thing I can say about that is, well.. Server has been up and running since the beta, literally. And while not all our members decided to split their time between COD4 and COD:W@W, those who did, obviously have not been playing on our server. Running tactical however, entices and interests (most) our members who have COD:W@W, and puts that happy smile on my face (though ideally to me we'd all be happy). I don't know what to expect if the vote fails - Will our cKs members continue to enjoy our server, or will they head to other tactical servers (which isn't all bad, mind you, still spreading the Word and all, but will leave me, and anyone else who dun care, trying desperately to get the server 'going').

In other news..

Running to the nearest cover - Naz and the committee that organized the ruleset based on the likes and dislikes of others would have to field while no running or walking upright without a site up is allowed. I agree with B1ggin/RG in that in real life, you darn well bet as a vet I did not crouch from open area to open area, I ran, sprinted, skipped, whatever I could do with a rucksack on and LBE loaded full of crap to avoid the easiest places to die. In my mindset, I think more "spec ops" than "tactical". Spec Ops troops, while they still are known for a quick point a to b movement, are by FAR more stealthy, crouching, crawling rather than walking around (in the field, not like CQC actions indoors/buildings).

Tanks - Tanks were interesting.. Originally we did not have them. The world moved on without them just fine from my recollections. Then something funky happened on the server when the host took it down "for an upgrade" awhile back and somehow portions of the config were reverted (assumption by a hard drive replacement and a loaded backup on their site) and viola, tanks were amongst us once again. Naz and I let it ride, made it interesting, and yea, maybe a pain in the butt depending on your kit, but - Thankfully when you respawn you can always change to your tankbusting kit, or if working as a squad, have 1-2 tankbusters setup. This of course (tanks in-game) could change though, just offering some suggestions :) I think, as with many of the comments made, we're all sitting aside just kinda waiting to see what happens with the vote before we put too much into it. Final tweaks will come I'm sure.

Marty/2nd chance stand - This is another committee one, though I think I probably voiced my opinion on it. Personally, I'm a firm believer in the "if they coded it, it's allowed" philosophy. I hear ya RG on the position being given away, but ya have to remember also, any team working AS a team, well, whoever shot down your teammate to kick them into marty mode, they have likely already announced to their team that players location. And technically with marty you could stand to gain from it, because if they were close to your teammate and actually take them out with marty, there's that chance that they hadn't yet communicated with their team/squad, and now can't because they are dead. That is a good point though - Much better than any I saw in COD4. Usually people just say why do you allow marty - It sux. Only n00bs use it. Stuff like that - No concrete reasoning behind it, other than the "I don't like to get killed by marty so I'm going to say something" reason, lol.

Press 'F' to spawn - Naz actually (for the record) has asked me about this once or twice (or 10 times). I'm in the opposite camp. I feel if you need to be afk for awhile, hop off the team and spectate. Mainly, because you are occupying a slot on that team. So, if you choose not to hit 'F' because you're getting a drink, snack, mail, quick trip to the store, your team is suffering because not only are they one man down, but they cannot even get a replacement for you. Tactical has a gracious 10 seconds to think about life and that kit you shoul've picked instead of the one that got ya dead, use that 10 sec., to switch kits, and spec., if ya need to be afk. That's my thoughts - Not just as a player, but as someone who doesn't want to see 3/4 of my team afk with me alone :S :side: Like I said, that's just me.. If Tactical wins, there will be a discussion and vote if there's no clear majority on whether to 'F' it or not. (RoFL).

In fact, pretty much anythings open to some vote action.

B1ggin - When you say run, do you mean sprint (like hold shift) or you mean run as in walking upright? I ask because of your 'aim down sights' comment. You are allowed to walk (upright, not crouch) looking down the sights. I'm curious to know if it would make it more pleasant (and get ya to play there and like it) if walking (sights up OR down) was allowed (still no 'running/sprinting'), or if you feel ya have to be able to sprint as well? Just something to ponder. I don't know if the Jedi council will budge, but I'd think if it was something feasible and would swing more members to liking it, that it might certainly be worth mentioning. Maybe you and Naz can do some 1 on 1 about that and let me know? :silly:
Time to create page: 0.386 seconds