Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: BF4 anyone?

BF4 anyone? 10 years 6 months ago #6220

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
Wondering how BF4 plays on your computers fellas, for those playing the open beta, or any version before I suppose..

I ask because BF3 plays flawlessly. BF4, I literally get like 4fps. Now I don't have a "bleeding edge" system anymore, it's an i7 2.8ghz (gen 1), 6GB RAM, SSD drive, and crossfired 4890's. And it is completely unplayable. I was quite shocked abotu this, considering I'm sure, just as they did for BF3 when it was open beta, all the hi-res textures/advanced gfx are usually disabled. Which means there's nowhere to go but worse for me, rofl :( Hoping to confirm others in this boat.. If ya drop by to say how it runs, plz include some specs on your system for easier comparing. Thanks, and hope your enjoying the open beta!!

For literal comparision:
my cpu i7 2.8: Passmark score 5,831
my gpu (@ 1x, not xfired as I am running them): amd radeon hd 4890 1gb: 1917
Last Edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Rooster.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

BF4 anyone? 10 years 6 months ago #6232

• orderslayer
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
It is a driver issue possible since you aren't the only one, but I think you can find the specs online. I also think most of the lag is due to poor optimization. I wouldn't base your assessment on the beta.

BF4 anyone? 10 years 5 months ago #6271

• Mounds
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just for a bit of hope/ knowledge. I'm played beta and didn't pre order because I couldn't play beta. It was choppy as can be and just unplayable. But like you, bf3 was smooth. This is on my lap top. I have a desktop, but its out in the garage and doesn't get much love these days. I decided to go ahead and get bf4 anyway. It plays very smooth on low. I don't mind low at all.
I've got a 2.3 i7
660m card and 12g ram.
I'd imagine you would have no problem running low, and possibly be able to do med.

BF4 anyone? 10 years 5 months ago #6272

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
I can't speak for you as all machines are different, but yeah.. BF4 ended up being EXACTLY like BF3 in that the beta was horrible graphics-wise. BF4 plays rock solid and smooth (well rock solid in terms of graphics, still random disconnects etc, lol).. I run a dated card (well crossfired AMD 4890's) and I haven't put it on custom/maz, but wherever it's at looks real nice and plays solid, no jitters, studdering etc,. and looks impressive. Can only imagine what a later card (7990, 7970's crossfired) would look like! :) But yeah, perfectly happy with how retail BF4 performs.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds