Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the official Political discussions forum. All threads politically-based need to be here. It also goes with the understanding that while there are no flames to be made, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. You are always free to state your opinions and why you feel your way is the correct way to believe, just be respectful of others!
  • Page:

TOPIC: This Was Not How a Former President Acted!

This Was Not How a Former President Acted! 14 years 6 months ago #3585

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The following is opinion and not meant to sound short or to convey a lack of willingness to listen to other opinions and views! ;)

And then there was Jimmy Carter. Followed by William Jefferson Blythe Clinton ( But for the name change, we'd have had a President Billy Blythe. That would have been a hoot!). To date, I have never heard any modern former President of The United States of America, excepting Messrs. Carter and Clinton, publicly display such partisan venom directed toward the a sizable portion of the citizens they used to shepherd.
Also, they are known to criticize sitting (republican) Presidents, violating the uspoken oath of all Presidents to be above that, and to be an Elder Statesman to all citizens of the country. This is where the hatred in reasonable politics lies. With people like these two men. Presidents and former Presidents are meant to be above this type of behavior. You never hear other Presidents saying the things that these two say. Their statements have actually forced a statement occasionally from other former Presidents.
Mr. Clinton knows what the phrase "tea baggers" means. Search it and tell me he is not downright mean and maybe a bit evil. Or just plain stupid. No one I know thinks he is stupid. I do, however,now believe with no exceptions, after this added to everything else he has said and done, that he is simply mean and possibly evil. Just plain old everyday evil. Were it otherwise, Mr. Clinton would at the very least fake concern for the Tea Party Protestors point of view being heard. He would definitely never denigrate them with such a vulgar term as "tea baggers".

The important thing here is what Mr. Clinton called our fellow citizens. Anyone in a public position willing to state this type of slur, publicly, should never have been Governor, much less President!

www.politico.com/politico44/perm/1109/clinton_we_are_winning_c3243bd1-33d6-42a7-ab70-5bae329fdc6e.html
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet! That's how World War I got started!"
Last Edit: 14 years 5 months ago by Nazareth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:This Was Not How a Former President Acted! 14 years 6 months ago #3587

• flyingfour
  • ( User )
brother remember that none of us a free from imperfection, and time to time we say things we shouldn't(whether we realize it or not). im not saying that what he said is excusable, no it really was a moment where he should have thought before speaking. at the same time though, we cant be hasty and demonize everything about him or what he represents. every person regardless of what they are or who they are has said things unbecoming of their neighbor, its undeniable.

that said, ive found it very difficult to take him seriously ever since his famous "i do no recall" statement. i find it infinitelly funny actually, that after such public debacles he is still in a position to influence future politics.

to illustrate my point:
republicans call his ideals and actions as democratic right wing banter.
if so...
what do we call "bushisms"? would it be fair for me to call that republican leftist banter?

my point is...
we shouldnt be in such a hurry to stuff, baste, and lynch an idea simply because of who is at the forefront.

its undeniable that health system in the US is for a lack of words... "found wanting"
and for the first time in a long time someone is trying to do something about it.

P.S. i don't prescribe myself to any political party and strive to maintain a neutral point of view.

Re:This Was Not How a Former President Acted! 14 years 6 months ago #3588

• Lumenus
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • There are no unbelievers in hell.
Carter has been a loon for some time.
Now He has a friend.

The opinions expressed here are those of a bubba from Texas, and in no way reflects those of this forum provider.
Last Edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Lumenus.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.393 seconds