Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the official Political discussions forum. All threads politically-based need to be here. It also goes with the understanding that while there are no flames to be made, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. You are always free to state your opinions and why you feel your way is the correct way to believe, just be respectful of others!

TOPIC: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It!

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5038

• Robedias27
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Good grief. I hate politics.

I hate it that "politics" is really the term used to disguise "moral values". They call themselves politicians, but they're really the people WE (supposedly) elect to decide what stands as right and wrong in America. They're gonna fight for this...they're gonna fight for that. In the meantime, I see several cKs members fighting amongst themselves. In my humble opinion, which...let us not forget, has been shaped and molded by the culture I live in, the Holy Word, and each of our innate ability to sense that there IS a right and wrong...you should never vote for someone that will push ANYTHING vs. biblical values. I don't think any of you understand that Naz was simply saying that "the republican party needs to step up their game." It's not because republicans are automatically better than democrats...it's that republicans' tend to be more conservative, and democrats more liberal. We, as Christians, ought to be more pleased with the conservative side of things...which values the traditional marriage, the way God intended. or the value of unborn children.

Frankly, I'm frustrated because Monte, you're playing the devil's advocate. There's no need to tear down brother Naz... I also urge you to think about "tolerance" and what that means. If you are saying to yourself "he can believe what he wants, I'll believe what I want" you are NOT fulfilling Christ's command to share the gospel message of truth to the world. We are not to tell others that they are bad people (unless they're terrorists...then you can), we are to tell them that there is a better way. If you're "living beside" someone that is NOT saved, you're not fulfilling the responsibility COMMANDED you by our Father. Tolerance is (in my opinion) more dangerous to lost souls than aborting unborn children who (in my ever so persistant opinion) have a special place prepared in heaven by their Heavenly Father.

At any rate... get it together guys. Quit picking on each other.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5040

• cam
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 1
Wow, where to start? Jedi, I apologize if you felt that I was implying you are "cognitively simple", my issue is not with you brother. My issue is with abortion and for me I could never justify voting for someone who condones abortion...no matter how solid they are in every other area. To me it is a simple issue, I either condone the murder of babies by giving that individual my vote or I don't condone it. I can't see how one could ever say "yeah but look at all the other good they do". I don't need to do much home work on a particular candidate once I see that they are anti life. What more is there to look at? should I be looking at their economic recovery plan, or if they support big/small government, or maybe I should look at their stance on nationalized health care... none of those issues or even all of them together will ever be of more value than a single babies life. You can call me simple or narrow minded, and I pray that I am always this narrow minded... I do not want to have to answer to the Father as to why I condoned the murder of unborn Children. Please don't give me that line "just because I vote for someone doesn't mean I support abortion" It is too big of an issue to separate from the candidate. Oh and Monte; because people will get abortions whether it is legal or not is no reason to leave it in place. Or maybe we should legalize manslaughter, because apparently people are going to commit it either way. Come on brothers this issue should be such a no brainer. If we are truly committed Christians who are concerned with being obedient to the word of God, then we could never support anyone who is pro choice (anti-life). Let's quit deluding ourselves into believing that any issue is greater than one that has lives at stake. I'm not trying to slam anyone, I just want us to be united on this issue as the body of Christ should be. We do not exist to further our agenda, but to further His! So the only real question is... how does God feel about abortion and what does His word have to say? Come on brothers lets unite on this ungodly issue... remember it's His glory we are concerned with and His truth we want to go forth.
In love,
Cam

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5041

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
I'm gonna blow all your minds. You may have suspected this after reading the (rare) other political posts, but mention of this is certainly in order I think.

I don't pay tribute to any political party. No Rep's, no Dem's, and no Ind's.

Like many out there, I base my vote on what I "know" about the candidates. Being a Christian is plus, not a requirement, to me, as long as their views coincide with that of our faith. Now, 'know' is in quotes up there. It's purposful, and done intentially. You see, as ya'll like to comment so often, one news organization may tend to slam one person or party over something, while 'omitting' a similar or evenly troubling 'fact' about another party. That said, my main sources of news are Yahoo, MSN, and your local broadcast stations that enter my house through glorous HD waves and are picked up via my Earth, land antenna. No satellite service (though I use a DirectTV DVR as a free HDTV Tuner for an old CRT TV with no HD capability), no cable, no digital cable. I try to remain grounded and realistic. Just because someone is accused of one thing does not mean they are all bad, and often not even how they may personally feel.

When I vote, or when I even THINK of commenting, which is why I often don't, I read what was said. I've read posts here, and I've gotten earfuls in the past on TS about both major parties - And one thing is mostly in common with all ya'll, other than your party passion, and that is your sources.

Sources are a fickle game, and the thing I hate the MOST about politics, or ANYTHING for that matter. If you look up a reviewer who's pockets are lined with company x's money, wow, it's going to be the best game ever, or utter garbage, depending on who's review you read. Politics are the exact same. You go to site x, you'll learn all about why candidate 'z' is crap, the evil he does, etc.. You then go to site 'y' and you'll read about how candidate 'w' is all crap, and the evil HE does, BOTH while defending their 'own' candidate. Neabwhile, the actual reality could be anything. BOTH candidates could be great people, worthy of a legitimate persons vote. Maybe neither are. Maybe BOTH made a decision to get a bill pushed through without meeting as much opposition from the other party by adding something that party would like, even though it goes against THEIR party's belief. You know, kind of like that guy, OUR PRESIDENT has sorta been doing awhile now.. (And MANY, MANY, if not ALL political officials before him)...

You want to make a fundamental change about how politics runs? Gather up a force, across-parties, and demand that a bill, an idea, whatever be JUST about that bill or idea. You'll solve plenty more that way, and learn how both your political body AND party actually, REALLY care and feel about said bill.

Now I'd say reasons like that are why Independants are making such inroads into our government. I'd say that they are far less likely to do things like that, even theoritically. But then, there are plenty of news organizations on BOTH the opposite sides waiting for someone to say something just like that.. So I shall, as I have been for many a year, continue voting for, and rooting form whichever of the three parties people impress me most. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't. But, at the end of the day, I know I voted for who "I" thought was right, regardless of which party they sit behind.

But to be clear, NO ONE should ever, at any time, associate ANY party with ANY religion. To do so is just foolish.

In closing, as I step off my podium, let me just suggest that there should be yet a 4th party:

JESUS - The ORIGINAL PARTY member. Are YOU an original party member?

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5042

• Monte1541
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
I'm not here trying to tear down brother Naz. I'm simply stating the fact, as written by Naz earlier in this thread, that he would ONLY vote for a Pro-Life Republican. That means PRO-LIFE AND REPUBLICAN. A PRO-LIFE and DEMOCRAT would NOT get his vote. That is NOT voting PRO-LIFE.

This is not rocket science. He votes for PRO-LIFE REPUBLICANS, not PRO-LIFE DEMOCRATS, nor PRO-CHOICE REPUBLICANS. They have to be PRO-LIFE REPUBLICANS.

If the candidates were PRO-CHOICE REPUBLICAN vs. PRO-LIFE DEMOCRAT, then there is NO vote for PRO-LIFE. It doesn't get any more simple than that: PRO-LIFE candidate but no vote.

Naz cannot put the "I vote PRO-LIFE" bumper sticker on the car, because it is not the truth.

And call it what it is, PRO-CHIOCE is NOT PRO-ABORTION. A lot of the PRO-CHOICE people look at this issue as the GOVERNMENT trying to tell women what to do with their body. Does the average PRO-CHOICE Republican/Democrat believe that abortions are bad....YES! Do those think there are other ways to reduce abortions....YES!

Here is the thing, we will NEVER...EVER....be able to eliminate abortions. It is a SAD...SAD....truth. But to REDUCE the amount of abortions, a lot of things can be done.

We had a Republican legislature and a Republican executive for 8 years, yet NOTHING was done. What frustrates me is people continued to vote those same people back into office. And why do they do that?? Because the longer their "man/women" is in office, the more power they get (more committees). And the more power means more pork dollars to their state. Because everyone wants to see the money in their own hand but raise an angry arm when they see it go to another's hand. There is one word for it...GREED!.

GREED is running and ruining this country. To eliminate the GREED, you have to continually boot out the incumbants. TERM LIMITS.

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5043

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
Robedias27 wrote:
Good grief. I hate politics.

I hate it that "politics" is really the term used to disguise "moral values". They call themselves politicians, but they're really the people WE (supposedly) elect to decide what stands as right and wrong in America. They're gonna fight for this...they're gonna fight for that. In the meantime, I see several cKs members fighting amongst themselves. In my humble opinion, which...let us not forget, has been shaped and molded by the culture I live in, the Holy Word, and each of our innate ability to sense that there IS a right and wrong...you should never vote for someone that will push ANYTHING vs. biblical values. I don't think any of you understand that Naz was simply saying that "the republican party needs to step up their game." It's not because republicans are automatically better than democrats...it's that republicans' tend to be more conservative, and democrats more liberal. We, as Christians, ought to be more pleased with the conservative side of things...which values the traditional marriage, the way God intended. or the value of unborn children.

Frankly, I'm frustrated because Monte, you're playing the devil's advocate. There's no need to tear down brother Naz... I also urge you to think about "tolerance" and what that means. If you are saying to yourself "he can believe what he wants, I'll believe what I want" you are NOT fulfilling Christ's command to share the gospel message of truth to the world. We are not to tell others that they are bad people (unless they're terrorists...then you can), we are to tell them that there is a better way. If you're "living beside" someone that is NOT saved, you're not fulfilling the responsibility COMMANDED you by our Father. Tolerance is (in my opinion) more dangerous to lost souls than aborting unborn children who (in my ever so persistant opinion) have a special place prepared in heaven by their Heavenly Father.

At any rate... get it together guys. Quit picking on each other.
I know that this maybe a bit uncomfortable for you, but honestly what you are suggesting is groupthink. No group of people should suppress a different viewpoint (which honestly hurts no one) because it minimizes discussion and keeps peace. That only makes people conform, but doesn't help people grow in their faith or understandings. Without challenging each other, albeit in a respectful manner, we can understand why we choose to believe in what we believe in. Like Nietzsche said, believe in something because you tested it and not because you want to follow the herd. That is why we discuss things such issues: so we can understand different viewpoints and see what we know and where we stand.

And it shouldn't be personal. We are talking amongst brothers, no? Isn't this a place where we can grow, together? And why can't we accept that others have a differed opinion? I honestly haven't seen anyone get personal, so I really don't see how this discussion should affect or be detrimental to our wonderful clan.

Tolerance is sometimes needed. And let's face it, we all practice tolerance in some way or another. We are not going to change each other's opinion and have them exactly like us, so what do we do? Exclude them? Are you or others going to vote for my dismissal from the clan because I do not share your opinion? We can't always be intolerant. It's like getting together with family. A family member may have different opinions regarding a sister's choice of a spouse, we still need to respect and support her. Are you going to shun her or kick her out of the family because her husband voted democrat in the last election? Or maybe at church where one pasture believes in pre-trip rapture versus another pasture who is post-trip. Should they dissolve the church because they don't agree on an issue they may feel passionate about or should they work together so they can focus on a grandeur purpose for his kingdom? That is my understanding of tolerance. And let's face it, it's sometimes needed.

But I guess that is just my understanding and views. God bless and see you on the battlefield as a cKs member.
Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Jedimasterone5577. Reason: Better clarification

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5044

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
Rooster wrote:
I'm gonna blow all your minds. You may have suspected this after reading the (rare) other political posts, but mention of this is certainly in order I think.

I don't pay tribute to any political party. No Rep's, no Dem's, and no Ind's.

Like many out there, I base my vote on what I "know" about the candidates. Being a Christian is plus, not a requirement, to me, as long as their views coincide with that of our faith. Now, 'know' is in quotes up there. It's purposful, and done intentially. You see, as ya'll like to comment so often, one news organization may tend to slam one person or party over something, while 'omitting' a similar or evenly troubling 'fact' about another party. That said, my main sources of news are Yahoo, MSN, and your local broadcast stations that enter my house through glorous HD waves and are picked up via my Earth, land antenna. No satellite service (though I use a DirectTV DVR as a free HDTV Tuner for an old CRT TV with no HD capability), no cable, no digital cable. I try to remain grounded and realistic. Just because someone is accused of one thing does not mean they are all bad, and often not even how they may personally feel.

When I vote, or when I even THINK of commenting, which is why I often don't, I read what was said. I've read posts here, and I've gotten earfuls in the past on TS about both major parties - And one thing is mostly in common with all ya'll, other than your party passion, and that is your sources.

Sources are a fickle game, and the thing I hate the MOST about politics, or ANYTHING for that matter. If you look up a reviewer who's pockets are lined with company x's money, wow, it's going to be the best game ever, or utter garbage, depending on who's review you read. Politics are the exact same. You go to site x, you'll learn all about why candidate 'z' is crap, the evil he does, etc.. You then go to site 'y' and you'll read about how candidate 'w' is all crap, and the evil HE does, BOTH while defending their 'own' candidate. Neabwhile, the actual reality could be anything. BOTH candidates could be great people, worthy of a legitimate persons vote. Maybe neither are. Maybe BOTH made a decision to get a bill pushed through without meeting as much opposition from the other party by adding something that party would like, even though it goes against THEIR party's belief. You know, kind of like that guy, OUR PRESIDENT has sorta been doing awhile now.. (And MANY, MANY, if not ALL political officials before him)...

You want to make a fundamental change about how politics runs? Gather up a force, across-parties, and demand that a bill, an idea, whatever be JUST about that bill or idea. You'll solve plenty more that way, and learn how both your political body AND party actually, REALLY care and feel about said bill.

Now I'd say reasons like that are why Independants are making such inroads into our government. I'd say that they are far less likely to do things like that, even theoritically. But then, there are plenty of news organizations on BOTH the opposite sides waiting for someone to say something just like that.. So I shall, as I have been for many a year, continue voting for, and rooting form whichever of the three parties people impress me most. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I don't. But, at the end of the day, I know I voted for who "I" thought was right, regardless of which party they sit behind.

But to be clear, NO ONE should ever, at any time, associate ANY party with ANY religion. To do so is just foolish.

In closing, as I step off my podium, let me just suggest that there should be yet a 4th party:

JESUS - The ORIGINAL PARTY member. Are YOU an original party member?
GREAT POST!!! +1 from me!:woohoo:
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds