Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the official Political discussions forum. All threads politically-based need to be here. It also goes with the understanding that while there are no flames to be made, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. You are always free to state your opinions and why you feel your way is the correct way to believe, just be respectful of others!

TOPIC: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It!

Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 3 months ago #5003

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
The current leaders of the Republican party prove here that they have goals that are diametrically opposed to the goals of most of their base. Even Glenn Beck wouldn't support Romney! Not to worry, though. Repubs can just can vote for Mr. Newt! He's a peach! :blink: He'd make an awesome president! :sick:

The Republican party will make their party go the way of the 19th century Whig Party, ( the Whigs disappeared ) and they'll do it sooner than some might anticipate.
This upcoming presidential election may well be their last election year as a serious party if they refuse to put up a pro-life, social and fiscal conservative for whom the majority of the Republican base may vote. They will not get myself, and millions of other voters, to the polls simply to vote against the current administration. However, this is exactly what they want, in my opinion.

I believe the Republican hierarchy has no intention of seriously trying to win the presidency. It looks for all the world like they would rather be the out party ( again ) and gain ( in the off year elections ) as many seats in congress as possible thru anti Obama votes. It worked with anti Clinton - anti big government votes in 1994. More recently, anti Obama - anti big government votes worked to give the repubs the house. The neo-cons that control the Republican party these days ( really just former liberals who didnt like the left's fiscal policy ) may be thinking that, given the current political climate, why wouldn't this ploy, the anti-vote, work even better in the next election?

They are wrong, of course. There will be an anti Obama - anti big government vote, but it will be the candidate not from the liberal republican establishment. It won't be the one the media will tell us is a brave, independent minded republican: a maverick, as they like to say when a republican breaks from the conservative principles of his party.
If they get this choice wrong; if they refuse to back a candidate that truly represents the conservative Christian principles of the majority of their party, it wont be they who choose the candidate that will represent the opposition to the the liberal policies of Mr. Obama's administration. It will be somebody without an R beside his name. It will be a real conservative.

Remember this; Mitt Romney was a backer of abortion at one time. All men can change their stripes and be forgiven their sins, to be sure. But, I will never vote for a person for president, or any high office, that at one time, while in power, publicly condoned what many good and kind people view to be the the state-sanctioned murder of innocent babies.
blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/01/romney-wins-new-hampshire-republican-party-committee-straw-poll.html
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet! That's how World War I got started!"
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by Nazareth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 3 months ago #5018

• Monte1541
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
You can go back to one of posts several years back where I said something like "Today's Republicans are not your grandfather's Republicans". And you can say the same for Democrats except I don't think it is to the same extreme.

However I do not care for those tones that position Republicans as Christian and Liberals as not. There are both Christian and non-Christians in both Republican and Democrat parties.

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 3 months ago #5019

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
Monte1541 wrote:
You can go back to one of posts several years back where I said something like "Today's Republicans are not your grandfather's Republicans". And you can say the same for Democrats except I don't think it is to the same extreme.

However I do not care for those tones that position Republicans as Christian and Liberals as not. There are both Christian and non-Christians in both Republican and Democrat parties.
+1 Karma. Besides, you need it Monte! :lol:

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 3 months ago #5021

• Monte1541
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Hahaha.....yeah my karma has taken a beating for two reasons:

Political rants
Crouch server labled as tactical

To remind everyone, I am a "person not party" believer. If the person is right, I don't care what gender they are, what color they are, or what party they are in. Its the person doing things what I want done because neither party believes in everything I believe in.

I actaully think that is one of the major flaws with the Republican party: thinking they are the Christian party.

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5025

• cam
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, let's just simplify the argument as to which party is the "Christian" party... neither. While I vote for repubs. almost exclusively (the times you find me voting otherwise is when the particular office doesn't have the ability to legislate unbiblical morality). Do I believe that there are more Christians on the right... maybe but I also know that they are all to aware of who their constituents are and try to cater to them with these generic references to God, I actually find that more appalling than someone who is an outright confessed nonbeliever. The crux of the issue lies with legislature and which moral issues are at stake. I wholeheartedly agree with Naz, I will never vote for someone who is pro abortion. I don't care where they stand on the thousand other issues. Some might called that a naive or narrow minded view- I say "AMEN". When someone is willing to say the weight of a thousand socio-economical issues as greater than the lives of unborn babies... well, I'll let God sort that out. But if we should think that as we stand before the creator and sustainer of the universe, He is going to applaud our willingness to sacrifice the lives of the babies for any cause we are sorely mistaken. The reason we have these debates is our unwillingness to submit to God's word. It makes these kind of decisions so much easier. I ask this question out of a genuine heart of love with no malice: how can any party call themselves the "peoples party" when they support homosexuality (abomination before the Lord), the murder of babies (another abomination), and the all encompassing phrase "tolerance"( which really means; I tolerate and support you living a life full of sin in such a way that it is an affront to the way a Holy God has ordained). I will never count the cost of a human life as less than the cost of tolerance, necessary social programs, a better economy, more/ less money in my pocket, or big/small government...etc. There is no perfect government but there is a perfect God who is sovereign and has called us to live obedient to His word (which by the way is not a option it's a command) not our own will. Let's not make this about rebub/demo or left/right, but about Jesus Christ and Him crucified may we be working to further His kingdom not our own. When Christ comes back he is not going to be pleased with either party... only the Jesus party. Loving responses are encouraged and welcomed, even if you feel differently :)

For His glory!
cam
Last Edit: 13 years 2 months ago by cam.

Re: Republican Establishment Doesn't Get It! 13 years 2 months ago #5026

• Jedimasterone5577
  • ( User )
  • Thank you received: 2
cam wrote:
Well, let's just simplify the argument as to which party is the "Christian" party... neither. While I vote for repubs. almost exclusively (the times you find me voting otherwise is when the particular office doesn't have the ability to legislate unbiblical morality). Do I believe that there are more Christians on the right... maybe but I also know that they are all to aware of who their constituents are and try to cater to them with these generic references to God, I actually find that more appalling than someone who is an outright confessed nonbeliever. The crux of the issue lies with legislature and which moral issues are at stake. I wholeheartedly agree with Naz, I will never vote for someone who is pro abortion. I don't care where they stand on the thousand other issues. Some might called that a naive or narrow minded view- I say "AMEN". When someone is willing to say the weight of a thousand socio-economical issues as greater than the lives of unborn babies... well, I'll let God sort that out. But if we should think that as we stand before the creator and sustainer of the universe, He is going to applaud our willingness to sacrifice the lives of the babies for any cause we are sorely mistaken. The reason we have these debates is our unwillingness to submit to God's word. It makes these kind of decisions so much easier. I ask this question out of a genuine heart of love with no malice: how can any party call themselves the "peoples party" when they support homosexuality (abomination before the Lord), the murder of babies (another abomination), and the all encompassing phrase "tolerance"( which really means; I tolerate and support you living a life full of sin in such a way that it is an affront to the way a Holy God has ordained). I will never count the cost of a human life as less than the cost of tolerance, necessary social programs, a better economy, more/ less money in my pocket, or big/small government...etc. There is no perfect government but there is a perfect God who is sovereign and has called us to live obedient to His word (which by the way is not a option it's a command) not our own will. Let's not make this about rebub/demo or left/right, but about Jesus Christ and Him crucified may we be working to further His kingdom not our own. When Christ comes back he is not going to be pleased with either party... only the Jesus party. Loving responses are encouraged and welcomed, even if you feel differently :)

For His glory!
cam
Sorry, but to equate these two issues as the ONLY issues is an oversimplification of life and politics, and besides it makes a person cognitively simple. It suggests that a person would vote for Hitler if he was against abortion and homosexuals (which he did kill a ton)? Just because a person is against these issues doesn't necessarily make them a "Christian" nor does it make them moral. I believe that we need to way each candidate and each issue individually rather than lumping them into a pile of anti-abortion (pro-life) and anti-homosexuals and the rest. It takes more work, but for me it makes for a more accurate judgment and decision than merely relying on two issues to conclude my position.

Just my take and conviction based on my walk with the Father, so please no crucifying ;) I can coexist with anyone even if I do not share the same opinion (yes, it is to tolerate, but sadly that some of my brothers in Christ feel the need to reject a person based on a differed outlook on politics. Is that truly loving your neighbor?).

God bless and let him lead the discussion.
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds