Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is the official Political discussions forum. All threads politically-based need to be here. It also goes with the understanding that while there are no flames to be made, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs. You are always free to state your opinions and why you feel your way is the correct way to believe, just be respectful of others!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Her 2nd Job Is As A Realtor?

Her 2nd Job Is As A Realtor? 13 years 2 months ago #5099

• Nazareth
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Listen to this (il)logic from a fairly far left member of her party (Dem - Calif) and you're head will ache.
I always thought it was a great idea for the congress to all sleep in their respective offices.
I'd venture that the other U.S. Senator from California, a respected liberal Democrat, disagrees with her.

See what you think......... www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/02/17/sen_boxer_rails_against_colleagues_sleeping_in_their_office.html
"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet! That's how World War I got started!"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Her 2nd Job Is As A Realtor? 13 years 2 months ago #5100

• Rooster
  • ( Admin )
  • ROOSTER
  • Thank you received: 37
I was conflicted at first on this. Being a Dem., I assumed she was kinda slammin Rep's.. But after a quick search, it appears this tradition crosses party lines, as most searches actually revealed her fellow Dem.s do it just as much, if not more, than the other party.

Personally, I couldn't care less. They wanna crash in their office, so be it. I don't care if it's because they work long late hours (or say that's why) or they admit the reality - It's wicked expensive there. The point is, my fellow American's, if they are forced to ditch the office, while we can argue whether it's professional (cuz it's not), the thing is magically BOTH parties will be slapping some pay increases on other bills so they can afford/budget in the necessary monies to rent in the area.

And I will say this - Again, while not a fan of the practice in place here, there are FAR MORE SERIOUS things to worry about than whether someone is asleep in the office overnight or not.

Re: Her 2nd Job Is As A Realtor? 13 years 2 months ago #5112

• Monte1541
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Democrat or Republican, someone will not get my vote because they "market" that they are sleeping in their office to save money. There are a lot more other issues out there than spending $200 a night on a decent hotel in the D.C. area.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.465 seconds